We’re happy to announce the second release candidate for Mattermost v0.6.0-alpha, and we plan to ship the final version Friday, August 7, 2015.
While this version is in production use by multiple teams, secured behind VPNs and other safeguards, we’re being conservative and calling v0.6.0 “alpha” and recommending it not be used in production deployments since we can’t guarantee API stability or backwards compatibility.
The number of open bugs is relatively low. That said, we highly appreciate the report of any and all issues: http://www.mattermost.org/filing-issues/.
Also, ask us anything at: http://forum.mattermost.org/
Here’s what’s new in Mattermost v0.6.0-rc2:
– Removed sub-domains requirement (switch from team.domain.com to domain.com/team)
– New local storage option to enabling file and image sharing (instead of S3 requirement)
– ByPassEmail option to remove email dependency for test setups
– Upgrade to install documentation and help text on team setup screens
Support for Gitlab:
– OAuth2 login enabled for Gitlab
– Support for Postgres
– Support for IE 10+
– New thumbnails and formatting for files and images
– Users now see posts they sent highlighted in a different color
– Enable users to view and log out of active sessions
– Mentions can now also trigger on user-defined words
– “Off-Topic” now available as default channel, in addition to “Town Square”
– Team Admin can now delete posts from any user
Want to know about the latest releases? Subscribe to our monthly mailing list