The world is moving from email to messaging. Enterprise CIOs need to decide whether to prioritize messaging as a strategic advantage or to view it as a box to check on their infrastructure list.
For organizations focused on outstanding results, Mattermost offers a powerful workplace messaging solution that raises productivity, ignites innovation, and accelerates high performance teams. From designing electric cars and piloting spacecraft to advancing vital financial infrastructure and ensuring national security, thousands of enterprises are using Mattermost to change the world.
Mattermost combines a stable, enterprise-grade platform with the agility and innovation Silicon Valley startups are known for through two products:
- Mattermost Team Edition, a free, open source solution for high-performance technology teams that require configurable tools and workflows.
- Mattermost Enterprise Edition, a commercial solution that scales the productivity of elite teams to large, mission-critical organizations on a resilient and predictable platform.
For organizations where investing in collaboration infrastructure is not intended to create significant strategic advantage, Microsoft offers three messaging products through Office365:
- Microsoft Teams for organizations up to 999 users per team.
- Yammer for teams 1,000 users and greater, which features Yammer Apps.
- Skype for Business as self-hosted option (to be discontinued 2023).
Which solution makes the most sense for your organization?
For Microsoft customers deciding how to define their digital workplace strategy, here are some key considerations: